THE ORIGINAL NAME – “NATIONAL ASSOCIATION FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF COLORED PEOPLE” FOUNDED IN NY IN 1909 , AND INCORPORATED JUNE 16, 2011 (1909 NAACP”) TRANSITIONED TO DELAWARE IN 2019.
How did this HAPPEN?
1. On March 6, 2019 at 10:54AM (ET) Derrick Johnson, as President of the National Association For The Advancement Of Colored People filed a certificate of admendment with the NY Secretary Of State changing the name of the 1909 NAACP to “NAACP Empowerment Programs, Inc.” (“1909 NAACP”).
2. March 6, 2019 at 11:11 AM (ET) Derrick Johnson, as President, filed a foreign corporation certificate of change “National Association For The Advancement Of Colored People” with the Delaware secretary of state changing name to NAACP Empowerment Programs, Inc and relinquish the original name in article IV.
3. March 6, 2019 at 11:14 AM (ET) certificate of incorporation filed by Derrick Johnson, as incorporator, forming a new 501(c)(4) in Delaware using the name – “National Association For The Advancement Of Colored People.” (2019 NAACP)
Please review the documents in this section and just think,
HAVE MY BOARD MEMBERS EXPLAINED THIS TO ME?
Ask yourself these questions?
- WHICH NAACP (1909 OR 2019) ARE YOU A MEMBER OF?
- WHICH NAACP (1909 OR 2019) CHARTERED YOUR LOCAL UNIT (STATE CONFERENCE, ADULT BRANCH, YOUTH COUNCIL AND COLLEGE CHAPTER)?
- AS A MEMBER OF THE NAACP SHOULD YOU CARE?
- IF YOU CARE ABOUT THE FUTURE OF THE 1909 NAACP), WILL YOU JOIN THE JUSTICE COALITION?